How to stretch new shoes.

I've recently bought some Co&Lu trainers in auction that I fear maybe 1cm too small, but since I'm getting them through a service I've got quite a while for them to arrive, because I need to finish paying for them first, but here's a sneak peak of my new babies...



Since I was worried about them not fitting me, with them buying them on a whim and everything, my friend Iku has mentioned something about methods of stretching them, so I looked into it a little more, I found some good suggestions on wikihow. Now there are loads of different methods on there, but there's 2 that I will be trying out when they shoes arrive which are...

Wearing in:
  1. Wear the shoes in at home. 
  2. Put on the shoes and move around in them on and off over a few days. 
  3. Don't do this if it's painful, and only try this if the stretching needed is minor. 
  4. After 2-3 days there should be an improvement in the size of the shoes*.
*If not and it's uncomfortable, don't force yourself to keep walking around in shoes that are too tight.

Freezing shoes:
  1. Fill sealable food bags with up to a third of water and seal it.
  2. Put the bags into the shoes, making sure it fits from toe to heel.
  3. Place the shoes into the freezer over night.
  4. Take them out of the freezer and leave them to thaw out for 20 minutes before trying them on.
  5. Repeat all this again if needed.
I am planning on trying both methods if the shoes don't fit me and if I do, then I will blog again to let you all know the outcomes. So please look forward to that.

Thank you all, as always for reading ~ 

1 comment:

  1. Wear thick socks and add heat. Get the thickest socks, if you don’t have thick socks, put two or three socks on and Squeeze your feet into the shoes (Leather only) eat the tight area of the shoes using a hairdryer and bend your feet back and forth as much as you can for 20 to 30 seconds.

    ReplyDelete