New (to me) kicks. (^u^")

 Hey guys.


You already know I'm a shoe addict, right? Well, this week I got a new pair to add to the collection and they're pretty cool.


Gather roun kids, it's time for a sotry...

Now let me set the scene:

The family is currently having to isolate because someone tested positive for Covid, but turned out to be a false positive. We've all tested negative since, but still need to isolate. Which means a lot of clearing out is happening in the house right now.

We went into the attic and pulled out loads of Rob's brother's stuff and he found this pair of trainers, which didn't fit him anymore and was going to just throw them out. I overheard this and came to investiage. I'd not seen a pair like this before so was automatically in awe with them.


They're a size 8 and I'm a size 5/6, so wasn't sure what the fit would be like, so tried on one and asked Rob if it looked ridiculous, forgetting I had a fish-flop on the other foot, lol. Luckily, they don't look oversized on and I can just pad them out with insoles if needed. So I saved them from the bin.

Now you're all caught up, let's move onto the next part, which is also my favourite part...

The cleaning:


Honestly, despite being in the attic for a long time, they didn't look that bad, but some bits were definitely in need of a clean, so I got a bowl of warm soapy water, an old toothbrush, a towel and gave them a good scrub.

After about 40 minutes, I think, they were looking nice and clean, so I left them to dry and moved onto giving the laces a little clean. For this I just wet them, put a little blob of shower gel on them and gave them a vigorous rub, rinsed them off and stuck them on the radiator to dry.

Once everything was dry, I relaced them and *boom* they were done!


They look almost like new now, don't you think?

I was so happy with how they look, I immediately started planning outfits to go with them. I hve a few in mind, but I am lacking the energy to get dresed up and take photos of each outfit. So until I can be bothered, here is a quick outfit for you all...


...I can't wait to see if the other outfits I got in my head look as good in real life and I also can't wait to share them all with you. Maybe I'll make a post about them all one day, would you like that? Let me know. (^_^)v

Anyways, I hope you liked my little story and stuff. That's all from me.
Thanks, as always, for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment