How to: Nail foils ~

Hey guys, so a while ago I decided to try something new and had a go at doing nail foils.

Since I found them pretty simple to do I thought I'd do a "step by step" guide for how to do them for you all to read.




First lets start off with what you need:

  1. The nail foils.
  2. Scissors.
  3. Nail file.
...And you may also need some patience for this too.

Step 1: Clean your fingernails.
Just in case there is any left over nail polish remaining on your nails.


Step 2: Select the nail foils that will best fit your nails and cute them out.


...You may need to trim the edges to ensure a good fit.



Step 3: Apply the nail foil, pressing firmly onto the nails.


You will also need to take off the clear sheet on top of the nail foils to make sure sure they stick on better. (This was a mistake I kept making XD)

Step 4: File off the excess nail foils.
I find it best to file in a downward motion, so you don't tear the foils and that's all there is to it.

 

And don't worry, they are even easier to get them off too, all you need to do is soak them in warm water and they come straight off, and because of that my advise with these is to only use them for a special occasion, not a long term thing. They do start to wear after a day or two as well.

All in all, I had a lot of fun playing around with these and they are pretty cute, the outcome was a lot better that I expected too. I's recommend you to try them out, even if it's just out of curiosity, like me. They are cheap enough to find on ebay.

Well that's all for now, I hope you enjoyed it.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips :)


    http://samispoon.blogspot.co.uk
    (also, come enter my giveaway!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome :D
      Thank you, I think I will entry it.

      Delete
  2. I love nail foils! Such an easy way of making your nails look cute. Where'd you get these ones from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a quicker way to making your nails cute.
      I actually got these from Matalan.

      Delete