New Kids On The Block

So now you all know about the NKOTBSB concert, I think I should let you all know that the main reason for me going is the New Kids On The Block, if it wasn't obvious enough already. This post will be a little similar to the other post. This is from memory and backed up from wikipedia.

Top: Danny Wood, Jonathon Knight*.
Bottom: Donnie Wahlberg, Jordan Knight*, Joey McIntyre.


New Kids on the Block are an American boy band made up of 5 young teens from Boston, Massachusetts in 1984, who became success world wide in the late 1980s and early 1990s. 

The band were that popular they were everywhere. They had tapes of their albums and singles, VHS videos of their live shows, t-shirts, jumpers, sleeping bags, backpacks, bed sheets, cups, posters, button badges and they ever had their own dolls. But on top of all this, in 1990 the band also had their own cartoon, which was 15 episodes long.


After having disbanded in 1994, several attempts were made to get the group back together, all of them unsuccessful. After secretly reuniting in 2007 and recording a new CD, the group released that new album and embarked on a concert tour in 2008.

Left to Right: Joey McIntyre, Jonathon Knight, Donnie Wahlberg, Jordan Knight, Danny Wood.

Now the band are older they feel like they are free to be able to do a lot more and to prove this, they've even done songs featuring artists such as Ne-Yo, Lady Gaga, Pussycat Dolls and of course the Back Street Boys. Not only that, but for the last 2 years they've had a NKOTB-sponsored "theme" concert cruise (for their fans) departed from Miami, Florida and traveled to the Bahamas, more info on that here.

Everyone has that 1 band from their childhood which they'll never be able to let go of and for me it's NKOTB. I've been a fan ever since I was really small, like 3 years old or something. My mum even had videos of me and my sister singing and dancing to their songs.

And as I've got older, my love for them has gotten stronger, as well as my love for Donnie Wahlberg.


He was like the cool "bad boy" character of the group and I've always liked a bit of a bad boy. I think it was after seeing him take the young girls from the audience onto the stage to sing "Cover Girl" to them that really made me fall for him though. The way he'd hug then, call them baby and even give them a kiss on the cheek. I always wanted to be one of them girls. The only down fall was, I was too young to know what a concert was and by the time I was old enough and understood, I was about 15/16 and they had been broken up for quite a long time.

I think going to see them now, is to make up for what I missed as a child, I just wish I still had my NKOTB bed sheets.

Well, that's all I can think of, so before I go, I'll leave you with this video...

 New Kids On The Block - Cover Girl 


Well, I hope you all enjoy the video at least.
*Yes Jonathon and Jordan Knight are brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment