Why do I wear make-up?

Well this post is inspired by a post my friend Sarah made, here, and basically.

Most girls use make-up to make to cover up something about themselves that they don't like, but that doesn't mean that they're hiding who they are underneath it all. If anything, I actually feel more like myself with make-up, but I'm not afraid to show my 'bare' self either, which is why I decided to do this entry. Personally I think it's a great idea to show what makes us comfortable with or without make-up, whether you think it's bad or not.

So to start off, you've got to upload a photo of your face with only one side of your make-done, the other side has to be bare. Editing your bare side is not allowed what so ever for this.



1. When did I start wearing make-up?
I started wearing make-up when I was 15, because all my friends did, but then I wasn't very good at it and had no clue what I was doing. So I ended up going down the emo route with the this black eyeliner and red eyeshadow all around my eyes, a little like (Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance). This explains why I got picked on a lot now, but back then I thought I was the bomb! It's taken me quite a long time, but I eventually got the hang of it all.

2. How do you feel without make-up?
Well a few years ago I was too paranoid about myself and never left the house without at least foundation, blusher and eyeliner on, but I'm not as bad as I used to be now. I do prefer to wear make-up, but I can leave the house without it on and still feel confident about how I look.

3. What do you like about make-up?
I like the fact that there are many different types of make-up to fit all the different fashion styles out there, if I want to be all natural, I use browns and peach colours, if I want to be colourful, I use yellow, blue, green and other colours like that, if I want to be a prince, I'll just use pink, purple and pearl and if I want to be rock, I'll just black, silver, white and red. It's just brilliant. There's so many techniques for different styles. You're always learning something new.

4. Tell the story about your growing love for make-up...
At first I didn't see the big deal about wearing make-up but when I got to about 19 I started noticing a few imperfections and that make-up does make a difference. It became a routine to cover my dark circles, to make my eyes pop, to bring out my cheeks and to make my lips stand out. It was the best thing ever, especially when I was ill, no one would know. But after a while, I started to get bored of the same routine, so I decided to try something new and not use foundation, I noticed even with just eyeliner and blusher, I still looked okay. I was happy with just half and half. But I still feel like I need some form of make-up on.

5. Tell your 3 "holy grail" make-up products...
 - MUA black glittery eyeliner (I love the fact that it has glitter in it)
 - Maybelline Falsies Volume Express mascara (this stuff is so great because my lashes are so long already there's no point in me wearing false lashes)
 - ClubWorks eyeshadow pallet (because I always need a bit of colour in my life)

...Well there you all go.

I know I rambled in a few places, but oh well, I hope you all enjoyed it anyway and please give it a try if you're comfortable enough that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment