Going purple.

Hey everyone.

Well, after quite a while of failed attempts of trying to get my hair the right shade of red, without bleaching my hair, I finally decided to give up and try a new colour. So I now have purple hair.

I was pulling a silly face and this is my morning hair. XD



When ever I dyed my hair with the red it always seemed to be really dark red or brown, which annoyed me at times. I even tried the Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Luminance Infra Red dye, which is meant for darker hair, but it still didn't turn out right. Then when I was shopping for hair dye, I noticed they did the same kind in purple, so I thought "why not give that a try?".

But it didn't go purple, it went the shade of red I was trying to get before, which annoyed me more.

I then got this brilliant brain wave and decided to get some La Riche Directions conditioner dye, in Cerise, because it looks like the right sort of colour I was wanting and it worked. So now I finally have the hair colour I wanted.

Just to show you all, here was my hair before I dyed it purple.


I don't have one from after I used the Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Luminance Ultra Violet dye though. Well, I do, but you can hardly tell the difference from this photo to be honest.

This is just after I applied the Cerise conditioner dye.


I was getting kind of worried when I saw the bright pink in my hair, even though I have dark hair, I kept thinking my hair was going to turn out that bright. I should have known it wouldn't, but I wasn't thinking straight.

And here is the end results.


In some lights it looks pink, in others red, but most of the time, it does look purple and I'm so happy about how it turned out. I really like the colour.

The only problem I have is with the weather being so warm recently, when I sweat, the dye runs. I had a bright pink forehead at work because of it and I sweated pink all over my Captain America t-shirt in my sleep, luckily mum got it out though. So now I have to make risks to keep my perfect hair colour.

Sorry for the long winded post this time, but thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment