Let's modify some earrings.

Hey guys.


Today I'm going to talk you through how I altered a pair of stud earrings into dangly ones.

So the earrings I'm going to modify are these little beauties...


Don't worry, they're not real Vivienne Westwood, I bought them from a Chinese market stall in Leeds 9 years ago, before I could afford the real stuff.

What I used:


  • Earrings
  • Pliers
  • 2 x earring hooks
  • 2 x jump rings
What I did:

I started off with using the pliers to cut about a quarter of the spiky bit (stud ?) off and bending it round, then I slipped the jump ring on.


I then closed the gap between the spiky bit and the rest of the earrings, to assure that the jump ring wouldn't fall off. Here's a side by side camparison, so you can see what I've done and whai I started with.


I then opened up the jump ring a little and slip on the earring hook, closed the jump ring and made sure I put the hook on the right way. I didn't so had to open it up and do it again.


Once happy, I did the same for the other earrings, but got the hook the right way on the first try, lol.


...And there you go, we're done!

Now, I just want to say that the main reason I altered them is because I can't wear stud earings on the bottom of my left ear due to the stretcher and dangly earrings just to through it so easily.

Anyway guys, what do you think?


Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

That's all from me for now, thanks, as always, for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment