Build with me: Kururu from Sgt. Frog.

 Hey guys.


Today we're building a Kururu model kit that I bought in November 2019, lol.


I love the Sgt. Frog series and already have a model kit of Keroro, so as soon as I saw the Kururu one in a local comic book shop, I just had to get it, because he is by far my favourite character. He's so twisted, I love it.

These kits are based off Gunda models, this one is the Ball, and parts can actually be switched with Gundam parts, isn't that cool?

Now let's get started...



As you can see I've emptied the box and taken everything out our their bags and made it look organised, which honestly only lasts for a few seconds, like as soon as the building starts, it turns into chaos and this was no exception.



I started with the head first as that is the main part of this particular kit.Since I had already built the Keroro one of these, I knew that the sitckers were rubbish, so I tried to paint/draw as much as I could, so sticker usage was at a minimum. This decision made it a lot longer to build, was well worth it in the end.



Next was the arms. They were pretty easy to do, as long as you don't accidentally cut out both right side pieces and wonder why they won't click together, which may or may not have been something I did during this build. Let's just accept the fact that it can happen from time to time, to anyone, even someone who's been building for over 10 years and move onto the next step...


...Which is to build little Kururu.

Again, we started with the head and I tried to paint and detail as much as I could. His body didn't require any building, which meant I just had to attach it to his head and to build a his little stand.


And before I knew it he was finished!

All that was left was to do was to pose him, take a bunch of photos and put him on the shelf.

These kits are so much fun to do and very simple, so great for beginners, but like I said, the sticker's aren't that great and peel off so easily, which I find highly annoying. So maybe watch out for that if you do decide to give it ago.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it and that's me done for now.
Thanks, as always, for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment