monochrome geek-rock

Since the rock-chick look is coming back in fashion, I thought I'd go with it but shake it up a little, to make the style my own.

Mixing the rock with a bit of a geek side to it, only it's all black, white, grey and silver colours. I am going to try and slowly slip in some 80's fashion into the style too, just to give it more of an edge. Or at least this is what I'm hoping for.

Here's some of the inspiration...

 



I think the glasses and hat in the first one is the main part for the "geek part", for the rock part I'd have silver cross jewellery and studded belts with ripped jeans and skulls... Can never go wrong with skulls. And as for the second one, I just think that is a cuter version of what I'm wanting, so I thought I'd share it anyway.

Now there is a reason behind this new "wave" for me and I'd like to show you that reason...



The New Kids On The Block, a 1980's - 1990's boyband that I was absolutely obsessed with as a tiny child, all thanks to one of my cousins. There's has always been at least one (or two) members in black and white, sort of why I blame them, also they are what I had in mind for the outfit I wore on New Years Eve (see in previous and next post).

I think the best thing about this style is that eBay has a lot of stuff that will work nicely with this sort of style that are pretty damn cheap too, and more than likely brand rip offs, but who cares when they're cheap, right? LOL! So anyway, here's a few of the things I've found so far...





So what I have are baggy skull vests and a skull zip jacket as well as stripy and Union Jacket harem pants, they all look really good and I'd be able to make a lot of co-ordinations with these and stuff I already have. I think my favourite is the stripy harem pants though, because they just look so cool.

I am really excited to try and stick with this style, even though Spring is close by, so the Country Girl look might be making a come back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment