Attempt to stretch new shoes pt.1

Hey guys, so you remember my post a while ago, How to stretch new shoes, well I've finally got my Co&Lu trainers today, so I decided to give this ago, like I said I would.



So here are my new pride and joy, which fit quite nicely when I first slip them on, but they still had that brand new stiffness about them, which is always uncomfortable. So I decided it would be a good idea to wear them in a little first, like it suggests in the post and I wore them for my walk to work,. The only problem was, they rubbed really badly in such a short amount of time.

It was a double Hulk plaster job. 


But I still tried to walk home in them, despite how much pain I was in, but I whimped out and put my work shoes on to walk home in. Seriously, it was horrible. So I decided to do the freezing technique in hopes of this helping the rubbing stop. 

I've only got to step 3 with the guide wikihow gave us so far, but here it is with pictures as I go along.

 Step 1:  Fill sealable food bags with up to a third of water and seal it.
- Make sure there's no leaks in the bag, I had at least 3 leaky bags and try to get a good measurement, unlike me, who just had a guess and probably got it wrong.


 Step 2: Put the bags into the shoes, making sure it fits from toe to heel.
- Because the bags I were using were a little small, I used 2 bags per shoe to make sure it did fit from toe to heel.


 Step 3: Place the shoes into the freezer over night.
- You have no idea how hard it was to find an empty freezer space in my house, even though we have 3 freezers (not that we're greedy or anything).


So now all I have to do it wait.

I'll give you all an update on whether this method worked or not, so please check back here for the results, but until then, I thnk I'll call it a day, night all ~

No comments:

Post a Comment