Maddie Hatter, Ever After High.

Hello and welcome, my lovely reader!


Today I'm going to talk to you about a doll I recently purchased and about the troubles I hate to go through to make her look more like herself again.



The doll I bought is Maddie Hatter from the Ever After High series. She is the daughter of the Mad Hatter from Alice In Wonderland  and, just like her father, she is as mad as a box of frogs, but that's why I love her.


This is promo picture and art work for the doll. How beautiful does she look?

But sadly, maybe due to storing conditions or something, this isn't how my dolls hair looked when I took her out of the box. It was frizzy, flat and felt very waxy/greasy as if a kid had already played with her, but it was brand new.

Example of her hair.

I really wasn't happy about it, so I looked around online for ways to fix her hair. But first I had to wash it, so get rid of what made it so greasy. Luke warm water an conditioner did the trick and her hair didn't take too long to dry, which is always good.

All nice and washed.

A lot I found kept saying to use curlers, but heat on synthetic dolls hair? Are you serious? So after a while, I finally found a useful video (here) that showed me how to curl her hair without damaging it. The video shows you how to make curlers out of tin foil, which is a neat trick. 

Tin foil curlers!

Once I got all her hair up in curlers, I went on to the next part, which involves a very hot cup of water, so please be careful of you're going to try this. You put the dolls head into the boiling water for a few seconds, I did it for 20 seconds to be sure it would work, after you take it out dab the doll with a towel, to dry off any water thats dripped down her and then you leave her for a while, the video said half an hour, but I left her for over an hour, again to make sure it worked.

Looking more like herself already.

After the hour past, I took out the curlers and left her over night for her hair to finish drying properly. When I woke up, her hair was completely dry, the curls had stayed in and she was looking fabulous, so I got her dressed and took some photos.

She's so beautiful again.

I'm so happy with the outcome of all this and as much as I do like the ringlets from her promo photos, the wavy curls I gave her suits the character a lot better I think, and now I know I can do this, I'm confident enough to do it again if I am unfortunate enough to get another doll who's hair has lost it's style.

If you have already or want to try this out, please leave a comment about it, it would be fun to talk about, and as always thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment