Pros and Cons to cutting my hair.

Hello and welcome, my lovely reader!

I know it's been a while, again, but fear not, I have a new laptop and I'm ready to start keeping you all updated once more, starting with this...

For a while now I've been thinking about the length I want my hair and I am really struggling with the decision, so I'm going to list the pros and cons to it on here.


First we'll start with short hair. I've been toying with the idea of getting my hair cut short for a long time, but always chicken out whenever the opportunity pops up.


Pros to short hair:
1. I'm going to Australia for a month, in (just over) 2 weeks, so short hair will be a cooler option.
2. It's easier to maintain.
3. I'll need less dye when it comes to topping up colours.
4. Less hair to shove in a wig when cosplaying.

Cons to short hair:
1. I can't wear my hair in pigtails, which I like to do.
2. I won't be able to wear my extensions without it looking a mess.
3. If I don't like it, it will take ages to grow back.
4. I'd be very limited when it comes to styling it.

Now on to letting it grow. I'm always pretty jealous of people with long hair, because there's a lot you can do with it, but I've never really had the patience to let it grow in the past.


Pros to long hair:
1. I can have pigtails!
2. My hair extensions will blend in nicely.
3. I can be more adventurous with styling it.
4. If I get bored of it, I can always get it cut.

Cons to long hair:
1. The heat in Australia will melt my long hair to my neck.
2. Wigs can look lumpy when you've got a love of hair to put in it.
3. It will cost more to keep my colours looking fresh.
4. Styling long hair can take a lot of time and be a pain in the butt.

And lastly, to keeping it the same. This is a very simple hair style and is one I've stuck with for a long time, but I do keep getting bored and I'm not sure if it's time for a change.



Pros to keeping it the same:
1. It doesn't take long to style.
2. Keeping colours fresh is at a reasonable cost.
3. It's pretty easy to maintain.
4. My extensions still look good.

Cons to keeping it the same:
1. The layers I had long ago haven't grown out yet and are pretty annoying.
2. I can't try a lot of the styles I want to without it all falling out at the back.
3. I never know what to do with it.
4. I'm a little bored with it.

Well, there you have it. This is the struggle I seem to be going through right now. I'll be making my decision on Monday, because that's when the hairdresser is coming over. So I'll let you know what I've decided later that day. Please feel free to leave me a comment with your opinion on the matter.

As always, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I think a good compromise is to get an undercut!
    Even in England I get a warm head and shaving a chunk out of the back has really helped me out, plush you can't even see it's there!

    SAMI★SPOON

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sami, in the end, I got a bob cut.
      It makes me look so young though, lol.

      Delete