Sparkly Zaku II.

Hey...

So as you may know, I like to build Gundam model kits and I have a collection Mobile Suits piloted by my anime husbando, Char Aznable, which includes many sizes of the Red Comet Zaku II.

This is my Zaku II collection...



I'd been wanting to mod one of my kits for while, but didn't know what do to one without making it not look like a Zaku anymore, until I remembered the Japanese trend of decorating anything and everything with tiny gems and I already had a sheet of self-adhesive gems from HobbyCraft and I thought to myself "this could be fun".

...And so it began.





At this point I had run out of gems and had to make a trip to HobbyCraft to buy some more, so I could finish him off.  I decided not to parts like his pipes and hands because it seemed very



I used around 2100 gems in total (so about 3 sheets of 700 gems) and it took me an unkown amount of hours to do it, but it was well worth the time and effort it took because he looks absolutley beautiful, especially now he has a little pink cocktail umbrella to hold.

Don't you all agree?


Well, anyway, I hope you all liked my little project.

Thanks for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment