The Making of a Magical Girl Part 2.

Hey...

So here I am with part 2 of my 4 part Cardcaptor cosplay post and this one is going to be about styling the wig and making the little parts for the cosplay.



I think the best place to start will be the wig.

If you're a cosplayer or just a wig wearer, you'll know buying wigs off eBay can be risky.

I've had plenty of disappointing wigs and this one was almost one of them, when it arrived, the package had been vaccume packed, so any volume or shape has been pretty much sucked out and it looked nothing like the stock photo, as you can see.




Luckily, I'm not too bad at styling wigs, so after trimming it and using a lot of hair spray I finally got it looking a lot better and more like the stock photo. BTW I use Got 2 B Glued, which I find is the best hair spray to use on wigs. It really holds.

The next thing to talk about will be the cat ears since you can see them in the last wig photo.


I cut some big and small triangles out of foam. I painted the big ones black and the smaller ones pink, while they were drying I painted a headband black too. I glued the pieces together and glued it to the headband, and that's it. 

The next part will be the tail.


For the tail, I filled a long black sock with bear stuffing, that I just so happened to have laying around. I sewed the top of the sock up and attached a safety pin to it. Done.

Now the bells...



I originally ordered some oversized bells to use for this, but they never arrived, apparently they "got lost in the post" even though they never sent them. So I had to make my own and for this I used some polystyrene balls, got out the good old air drying clay and made some rings to put around the middle of the balls. Once dry I painted them gold and once again waited for the the paint to dry. I then painted on the little details to make it look more like bells.

I attached one of the bells to a necklace, as shown and the others to the bottom of my bow, which you can see in my next post.

That's it for now and please tell me what you think about the progress in the comments.

Thanks for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment