The Making of a Magical Girl Part 3.

Hey...

Okay, so I must admit, this was only gonna be a 2 or 3 parter, but it's turned into a 4 parter because I didn't realise how much I'd actually done for it.

But anyway, here is part 3, which is going to be about making the actual costume.


I looked online to buy the costume, but every one I found either didn't have my size, was the wrong shade of pink or had certain detailing that just looked a little off to me.

I did manage to find a few pieces going cheap online, like a black polo neck dress and the underskirt. I already had black leggings and I decided to use my pink docs for the shoes, so all I needed to make was the apron and bow, which made things a little easier.

...And after talking to my mum about it, she decided to help me make it, since I'm not confident with the sewing machine, I really needed my mums help.


We started of with the top part of the apron. My mum cut out the shapes and showed me what to do on the sewing machine, I was so nervous but I manage to do it. This is what I looked like and since it was very warm, this was during one of the heat waves in the UK, we stopped at that.


The next week we made the skirt part, my mum showed me how to use a foot for making ruffles, which I struggled with, so she took over. I can do a normal stitch in almost a straight line, but that it right now, so I am try to do better. XD


I had to try the apron on with the peti-coat to make sure the skirt was the right length and once we were happy with it we hemmed it and added poppers to the back so it would be easy to undo. We also added poppers and made some ruffles to add to the straps of the apron too.

...And all that was left was to make the bow, I wish I had photos of me making this bit.


For the bow I bent 2 wire coat hangers into a nice round shape and taped the ends of the hangers together. I then made something like a pillow case and put the hangers inside and sewed the top. Then I made a band to wrap around the middle to give it the bow shape. Once happy with that we made the dangly parts of the bow and I sewed the 2 remaining bells (from my previous post) to the bottoms. We made the bow detachable but using, yes you've guessed it, poppers.

...And that was that, she was done! Here is a photo of it finished and quickly thorwn together...



I was absolutely happy with the outcome and I couldn't stop thanking my mum because without her I wouldn't have got this done. She's the best! Well that's all for now, the next post will be it all together with makeup and everything from the last 2 cons I went to.

Oooh! Also, before I forget, I just want to say that the material I used was a bed sheet I found on Amazon for £7, because I couldn't find the right shade of pink at the fabric shop I went to and I still have a lot left over...

So thats something for you all to think about.

I hope you liked my post, please comment to tell me what you think.

Thanks for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment