The Making of a Magical Girl Part 4.

Hey...

This is the final part of making my Cardcaptor cosplay.


And before I show you all my cosplay photos, I want to tell you all why this cosplay is such a big deal to me and why I chose the cat costume out of all of them.

When growing up, I didn't really enjoyed playing out and spent a lot of time watching cartoons. We had Sky growing up, so I'd watch Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon a lot and these channels got me into some funny cartoons, that I later found out was anime, like Dragonball Z, One Piece, Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo and Cardcaptors, as well as many others and whenever I had time off school I'd be watching these cartoons with my mum and we really bonded over them, mostly One Piece, she still loves that show, lol.

I remember getting my mum a keyring of Sakura, in my favourite costume, the cat one, because I really liked cats (still do) and it made me so happy when she put it on her car keys.

So when I decided to do a Cardcaptor cosplay, I felt like it had to be the cat version because of all that, plus my mum would be helping me make the costume so we could bond over it all again. It's kind of for nostalgia and for being close with my mum.

As you may have gathered from my last post, she helps me out loads, especially when it comes to my cosplay stuff.

...Anyway, let's get back to what you're all here for, my Sakura cospaly.


The first lot of photos are from York Unleashed 2018 and this was the only close up of my face from the entire day.



Admittedly, it was too warm for this cosplay, especially for the double peti-coat, but I managed to power on through the day. I got loads of compliments, which is always good.

The next lot of photos is from Thought Bubble in Leeds, 2018.



I wasn't feeling too well at the start of the day, so I didn't bring my staff and ended up forgetting my bell necklace but I did bring Kero, so it made up for all of that, It was a little colder too, so I wore black skinny jeans instead of leggings, which was a good call really..

I had a pretty good day and got a lot of compliments again, but I also got mistaken from Tokyo Mew Mew characters a few times, which is cool, I guess, lol.

So what do you think of the final product? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks as always for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment