I changed my hair... Again.

Hey.

So as you may have guessed from the header, this is yet another post about my hair because, let's face it, I have a problem when it comes to colouring my hair.


But just before we get into that, I just want to apologise for looking like death warmed up in the pics, I have come down with the flu, after doing so well to avoid it while everyone at home was ill.

I've been thinking about changing my hair for a while, as much as I liked the black, I got fed up of hearing "you look better normal" and I don't like being told how I should look, especially if it makes me look normal, because I'm defintely not normal. I know the colour I've gone for is considered normal, but I am planning on slowly going blonde so I can go back to pink and green, with as little damage as possible.

Now let's get started...


I went to my local Superdrug and bought these.

I try not to bleach my hair often, as I know I can get away with using the Nice 'n Easy blonde dyes when its on my roots, but because my hair was dyed black, I kinda had to bleach it and from previous experiences with bleach, Olia seems to be the best for causing little damage to my hair.

Here's what my hair looked like before...


...Don't you just love my designated dye t-shirt?

Not only do I have a dye t-shirt, I also have a shower cap I put on after I've put the dye on, which is a little ducky. I'm sure he's made a few apperances in my blog before. I do recommend a shower cap when it comes to dying hair, not only does it stop you from getting it everywhere while you're sat waiting for it to develope, but it also keeps the heat in while the chemicals are doing their thing, which I've been told helps with development, too, but I could be wrong on that one.



The Olia bleach only takes 30 minutes, so I wasn't sat round waiting to wash it out for too long. Here's a little peak of what it looked like 15 mins in and then after it was washed out and most of it dried.

So far so good.


Then I had a cup of tea while I was letting the last little bits of my hair to dry naturally.

At this point I had about 3 shades of blonde, 2 shades of ginger and a few little patches that I may or may not have missed with the bleach. But the ginger parts were pretty close to the colour I was after anyway, so what could go wrong?

Well, let me show you...



...I had a little peak and everything looked to be going so well, until I washed it out.

It turns out the dye didn't take to the bottom of my hair at all. I'm not entriely sure how this happened and I've never heard of this happening before, especially with me dying the blonde a dark(ish) red colour. I know it didn't look bad, but it's not what I wanted at all, so I did get a little upset.

I dried my hair and messaged my mum, she had no idea how it happened either, but she came up with a solution to help fix it and here it is...

I have a drawer that has loads of pots of Directions dye with little bits left over from my many hair colour attempts and I luckily had some orange left over from 2 years ago.


I decided to leave the directions on for a few hours, since it's a conditioning dye, because the tips of my hair was a little dry after the bleach. Trust me, it helps.

I wash the tips and was finally happy with my hair, see...


I know the colours don't quite match, but it's a nice gradiant from a natural ginger to a bright orange. I will try again in a month or so, because I would love to have my hair the same shade or ginger, lol, but I'm gonna leave my hair to rest again for while before I go at it again.

What do you think to the ginger? Is there a colour you'd love to try? Let me know in the comments.

Also, if you know why my hair did what it did please let me know because it is bugging me and I can't find anything about it on google.

Anyways, thanks for coming along with me on this journey and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment