Cosplay on a budget?

Hey.


Not sure if you can tell but this post is going to be about cosplay!

I was losing interest in cosplay and had no motivation or inspiration so I decided to take a break, which lasted like a whole 5 months before I started getting the urge back.

I started working on a new prop for Star Guardian Lux from League of Legends, but I’ve since put that project on hold and started working on some others, one of which is the main reason for this post...


It’s the Kotobukiya Bishoujo version of Jubilee from X-Men.

The main reason I want to talk about this particular one is because it was on a budget, and by that I mean, the majority of it was bought at Primark and the rest were things I already had and a few bits I made too.

So here are the items I got from Primark:
  • Jacket - £9
  • Shorts - £6
  • Sunglasses - £2
  • Vest top - £1.80


I already had a black wig that I bought for my Sadako cosplay 6 years ago, I just cut it shorter, the Ugg boots I bought in Australia 3 years ago, the glove and band are things I've had laying around from previous cosplays, the belt I got from Matalan many years ago too.

...See, it's really not, price wise, because the bits from Primark are all I've actually had to buy for this cosplay and now, let's get to the next part...

...The things I made.




So here is a choker, the X was made out of clay and attached to ribbon, the earrings and badge were also made out of clay. I've got loads of things to make these items from when I used to make and sell jewellery. As for the belt buckle, I used foam that I had left over from previous projects and made loops on the back so I can attach it to other belts so if/when this belt breaks, I don't meed to alter anything.

And now for my favourite part, here is how it all looks when put together...



...I absolutely love this cosplay so much, especially because it all started in Primark when my friend pointed to the jacket and said "wanna do a Jubilee cosplay?"

By the way, I'll be wearing this to Leeds Unleashed, so if anyone is going, look out for me!

I hope you like my cosplay and this post, but that's it from me for now.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment