What have I done?

Hey guys.


Sorry I've been very irregular with my posts again, I've been quite busy with work, my birthday and life, but I'm back now and I've decided I'm going to change my regular posting day to Thursday, because this SHOULD be one of my usual days off from now on, unless they change it yet again.

But anyway...

After looking back at some of my old entries for my last post, it got me thinking about what I've actually achieved in the last 10 years that I would deem noteworthy and guess what? It turns out I've done a lot more than I had thought and I'm going to share it all with you in this post.

So let's begin with...

Travelling:


Travelling has always been a big thing with me, I've always wanted to to travel the world, experience different cultures and eat so much food. Seriously, I mostly want to eat my way around the world, lol. 3 of the main countries I had always wanted to visit are Japan, Australia and America.

Surprisingly enough,  in the last 10 years I've been to all 3, as well as a few more places. Here's just a few of my favourite pics from my travels.






So I've been to France, but only for a convention, seeing A9 was the main priority for going to Japan, I went to Disney World and Universal Studios in America, I ate a lot and petted a lot of animals in Australia as well as going to a convention, and across the UK I've visited Liverpool, Whitby (a lot), London, Manchester, York, Nottingham, Bolton Abbey, Edinburgh, Northumberland, Somerset and Chester (Zoo).

I have a few more places across the UK to be crossing off my list of places I want to see.

Bands:


I've seen many bands in the last 10 years and some of them I never thought I'd get to see. The list goes a little something like this...
  1. A9
  2. X Japan
  3. McFly
  4. Busted
  5. Vamps
  6. An Cafe x2
  7. Miyavi
  8. Girugamesh
  9. kanonXkanon
  10. ViViD x2
  11. SHIN White Judas
  12. New Kids on the Block
  13. Back Street Boys
  14. Shounen Knife
  15. Apocalyptica
  16. PIECElang
...This isn't in any real order, its just how I remembered them all.

I honestly can't believe I got to see a lot of these bands, especially X Japan, A9 and Busted, these 3 bands are in my top 5 favourites and seeing them blew my mind. I hope to see them again sometime in the future, also, before I forget, I did also see a lot of other bands at Leeds Fest back in 2012, such as Foo Fighters, All Time Low, Bullet For My Valentine, Feeder, Billy Talent and The Cure!

My love life:


Now the fact that I can have this as a section is pretty damn amazing to me, never mind adding the fact that I'm also engaged to him, but yeah...

Almost 6 years ago I met this tall, skinny guy with long-ish black hair, through my friends, and immediately had a crush on him, I also kept running ideas through my head of anime characters he could cosplay as. We got drunk and cuddled. A few days later he messages me asking to hang out at his place and well... I just never left.

During the last 6 years I've brought out his inner nerd and filled his once empty, black, bedroom with figures, model kits, plushies and bright colours.

Other bits:


This is the last section and even though I had loads of other ideas going on for this post I thought it might make this post way too long, so I'm going to do this bit in bullet points for you all...
  • Mental Health - In the last 10 years I've realised I was ill, I got help and I'm slowly getting quite a good handle on it and even over coming personal hurdles!
  • Fashion - My fashion styles haven't changed much, but I've got better at putting outfits together and accessorising them, as well as having more money to get better quality clothing.
  • Job - I'm still at the same company, and it will be 10 years in a few months. Thought saying that, I m currently looking for something new, I feel like it's finally time to move on.
  • Body mods - I'm slowly filling my body with wonderful and cute pieces of work as well as getting all the piercings I've been wanting ever since I was a young teen.
  • Hair -  I've been experimenting with hair colour for a good 4/5 years now and I don't really see myself stopping with that anytime soon, although I do always end up with pink and green, lol.
  • Art - I have really improved my drawing styles and I hope to keep on improving. I think getting better quality stationary has helped me up my game and want to try harder with it all.
  • Friends - Sure I've lost a few old friends during the last 10 years but I've also made some great new friends and got very close with some. I honestly am grateful for everyone in my life right now.
...And that's it, for now.

I honestly have done a lot more than I ever thought I would, not only that but it's got me out of the "I've done nothing with my life" kind of thinking. I love making posts that make me feel better about myself.

Please tell me what you think of this post.

Thanks as always for reading, I hope you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment