Back in the day...

Hey.

I know I skipped a week, again, I have my reason, but fear not...


Did you know I've had this blog for almost 10 years now? Well because of this, I decided to do a post looking back at my old entries to see how I've grown/changed as a blogger.

Not just that, but I also wanted to look back at some of my the styles I used wear,, I'll be sharing pics and links to some of my old entries, to try and help show you all the "journey".

So let's start with this one...

♥(-^□^-) 28 November 2010


This was my first fashion entry I made on this blog and yikes! The editing was very cringe and only lasted for this one entry. This was when I decided fashion was my calling and purpose for this blog. My writing style seemed very cold, like I never really expected anyone to read it, lol.

♥(-^□^-) 22 January 2011


This was the first time I wore my harem pants, other than to try them on in the store. I remember this being a big step for me, style wise and it really helped shape me later on, lol. It was so new to me and really gave me such a big confidence boost.
♥(-^□^-) 10 April 2011


I absolutely loved everything about this outfit and this style phase. By this point I'd really got into hime gyaru was exploring a more feminine style for myself. This actually turned into a "country girl" style/obsession. For a while everyone was earthy tones and floral prints, but I still loved it.

♥(-^□^-) 8 September 2011


I was exploring more femme Japanese styles by this point, like this one was really inspired by the "mori" style. I did feel very comfortable in this style, but it didn't stick because I never found enough inspiration to keep me interested, lol.



If you couldn't tell, by this point, I'd gone back to wearing a lot of black, white and grey. The goth life never really leaves! But anyway, by this point I was aware of my whole 2-3 readers and tried not to sound as cold. I still go back to similar a style from time to time.

♥(-^□^-) 12 December 2011


I was very into the comfortable casual J-rock/visual-kei style. It was my main go-to style for lazy days and it mostly involved throwing on some ripped jeans, some biker boots and an oversized grey jumper. I usually threw on a "leather" jacket and that pink scarf on it, to finish the look off. It almost always worked out for me, lol.

Cover Girl ~ ♪ 5 March 2012


I was really experimenting with my style again by this point and got stuck in the 90's. I was wearing baggy tops, skinny jeans, waist coats, hats and a lot of accessories, as you can tell. It was very cool and comfortable, because being comfortable is always important! I was also engaging more with my reader and started being a little more human and had been writing for almost 2 years.

Now for the last one for you all...

Colourful sun-shiny day 7 January 2014


Okay, so 2 years on, I had been writing on and off for 4 years and my writing had improved a lot, I was more confident with it. As for my style, I finally started wearing more colourful stuff and was exploring the visual kei sub-style of o'share-kei, the bright and colourful side of v-kei. It was so much fun and always made me feel so cool.

So after all that I've come to a conclusion...

That even though my writing may have improved over the last 9 years, my style seems to have dwindled. I feel like the main thing that has come from this is some inspiration to start getting back into some of these styles, especially the comfortable v-kei style.

Well, I'm sorry for such a long entry, I really hope you've liked my trip down memory lane.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. It's always scary looking at how you started. I did this on my blog too. Talk about cringe xD

    But it's really awesome to see your evolution. I'm glad to hear it inspired you again!

    ~Kieli♥
    bunnycraftydream.com

    ReplyDelete