You've got a skip in your step but a rip in your... A rip in your rep!

Hey.


So I doubt you'll have got it from the title, but today I'm going to talk about ripped jeans.

Okay, so I used to always buy ripped jeans but got frustrated because the knee holes always ended up underneath my knees because I'm short, so instead, I decided to start making my own ripped jeans and here is how it's done...

What you need:


  • Jeans
  • A white pen or chalk
  • Scissors
  • Tweezers

Step 1: Put your jeans on...




This might sound silly, but you need to put so you can move on to the next step...

Step 2: Markings...



This is where you grab your white pen or chalk and start marking out where you want your rips, I usually make 3 or 4 lines, per area, and I usually smaller lines at the top and bottom and making the lines bigger in the middle.

Once your done you should have something a little like this...



Step 3: The cut...



Once you're happy with your lines, take your scissors and start cutting the the lines.but be sure not to cut the lines too thinly/close together, I'll explain why later.

Step 4: The long part...



Now, you get the tweezers and start to pull out the horizontal threads. This step it the most time consuming and can take hours, depending on how many rips you want to make.


Try not to pull out the vertical threads, I'll show you why its so important not to soon, but yeah, that's the part you want to keep, otherwise it doesn't look too cracking.

Step 5: AND YOU'RE DONE!



Once you're done, put on your jeans, and go check yourself out in the mirror and admire all that hard work you just put into making a generic pair of jeans unique.

Sure your hands might be cramped and your back might hurt a little, but that feeling you get when you're done is totally worth it.

Don't you think?

What not to do:



Here's the 2 things I said now to do...


  • Don't cut the lines so close together. 
  • Don't pull out the vertical threads.
So if you cut the lines so close together it will make it harder to only pull out the horizontal threads  and it can cause you to pull on the vertical threads, which can make them snap and you'll be left with just a hole, like the one in the picture above.

Now don't get me wrong, if this is what you want then go for it, but it was not the look I wanted. I'm lucky it didn't turn out too bad and only happened on one hole.

Well guys, that's all from me for now, what do you think? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks as always for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment