Samyang Ramen Snack ?

Hey guys.


Today I'm going to talk to you about a weird-ass snack I got for Christmas.

Okay, so for Christmas I was gifted a bunch of snacks from Japan and Korea by my sister and a friend. Most of the snacks were pretty typical, Hi-Chews, Hello Panda biscuits and some Samyang x2 spicy ramen, because they know I like to punish my mouth, and my butt.

...Honestly, the noodles taste so nice, until the spice kicks in and I start to question my life choices...


This was just some of the stuff I got.

One of the packets was "ramen snack" and my friend informed me that you don't cook them like normal noodles and you've to eat them dry. I thought it was a joke and she was trying to mess with me, so I had a look on YouTube and it turned out, she was right.

So obviously, I decided to try them out and tell you what I thought and here's what happened.


I opened them up to see a block of dried noodles and found a little sachet of flavouring too. I sprinkled the flavouring in (okay I poured it in) to the packet and gave the bag a shake.


I also crushed up the noodles a little. They look a little like crisps now (or chips, depending on who is reading this). I took a big chunk out of the packet that had a lot of flavouring and bit into it.

I crumbled a lot, as you'd imagine it would, so there were little bits all over.


It was such a weird feeling because all I could think was "I'm just eating dry noodles", but it wasn't the weirdest thing I've eaten and after a while, my brain started to get used to it. The flavour was nice, but is a little hard to get it all covered evenly, so some parts had no flavouring at all and others had loads, which I guess was bound to happen.

Also, since it's Samyang, you can probably guess that the flavouring was very spicy.

But as I've said, I do like to torture myself with spicy foods, so that wasn't a bad thing to me.

So here's the verdict...

I honestly loved them. It took my brain a while to get over eating dry noodles like crisps, but the flavour was nice, the texture wasn't that weird and it was a good level of spice.

10/10 would recommend.

...And I hope to get more of it in the future.

Well, that's all from me.

I hope you liked it and tell me if you've tried these out before.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment