Okay... So my hair has changed again... Part 2!

Hey guys.


I know we're only a month into the year, but heck, my hair has gone through a lot already and I'm back to finish off the story I started (here) about the changes.


This is little 17 year old me, with red-ish hair.


The reds never turned out the way I wanted them to, they'd fade fast and would always be the hardest colour to get rid of whenever I got bored and it became a personal rule to not go red ever again.

So why did I decide to try it again, after 13 years of avoiding the colour? I just don't know.

Anyway, here's everything I used to transform my hair.


...And here is a reminder of what my hair looked like before I started...


I used Revolution's Colourless to strip the black dye and to help strip some of the green from my fringe. I've used this product a lot and it's really good for lighting stubborn colours, but it does smell, so bad, like, I'd recommend you open a window when using it.


Here are wet and dry photos for you and as you can see, the black changed to a light-ish brown and the fringe was a very pale yellow, almost white -ish.

Once full dried, I moved onto the Olia bleach, which again, I have used a lot, it's one of few bleaches I actually trust on my hair and I just want to say that I know the red dye I bought does work on dark hair, but I want it be a little brighter, which is why I used the bleach.


After bleaching it I let my hair dry fully, so I could check the damage. In my mind, if the damage was bad I would have kept it like this for a few days while I treat it and stuff, but it looked and felt fine, so I moved on to the last stage...


I used Schwartzkopf Live Intense Colour - Red Passion.

When I put it on, it was brighter than expected. I mean, I know I lightened my hair for it, but I was still expecting it to turn out a darker red, like the box suggested, but no...

...She's bright!

The vibrancy didn't even manage to last a week, after 2 washes with low shampoo, it had faded to a redish pink which was really disappointing, but it's not the first time Schwartzkopf has left me down like this and I've decided not to use their red again when it comes to topping it up.


So far a good example, the intro photo is after 1 wash and you can already see the fade and this photo is 3 washes after topping up the colour with Colour Freedom's Crimson Red semi-permanent. You know it's bad when a semi-permanent dye can last more washes than a permanent dye.

I've also been told to try Garnier's red, a friend says she only has to top the colour up every 4 months, which sounds incredible!
 
All in all, despite the let down by Schwatzkopf, I'm really like the red hair and I have a good feeling I'm going to be keeping it this colour for a long time, or at least a long time to me, lol.

Anyway, that's all from me, tell me what you think to the red hair in the comment, I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Thanks always for reading.

1 comment: