ToshoCon & Meian Maid Cafe

Hey guys.


On the weekend I went into Leeds to go ToshoCon with one of my best friends, Risa.

Okay, so, last month my grandma had passed away, Risa didn't know what to do or say to comfort me so she bought me a ticket to the con and even got us booked in for the Meian Maid Cafe as a way to help cheer me up, and it worked.

...Anyway...

We had been talking for a while about doing Nana inspired outfits, obviously I'd be the punky Nana O and she'd be the sweet Nana K, and decided ToshoCon would be the best excuse to do this.


I'm pretty sure we nailed it, lol.

Now, let me show you what my makeup looked like, as well as my full outfit for the day...


Since I was going for a punk-ish theme, I did rokku gyaru makeup with red eyeshadow and loads of black eyeliner. I'm using the spikiest lashes I own and went for grey contact lenses, because I feel like it compliments the eyemake well.

As for hair, I had half up twin tails and a spiked head band.

And lastly, for the outfit, I pulled out my old Sex Pot Revenge vest top and paired it with a tartan mini skirt, giving off a strong 00's V-Kei weeb vibe, which is pretty much what I wanted. I had a mesh top under the vest for some warmth, a skeleton jacket and a "leather" jacket on top of that, because layering is how I handle the cold. I finished off the look with some ripped fishnet tights, some long-ish socks and Firetrap boots.


...Also, all the "Viv" jewellery I'm wearing are all "Nana merchandise", lol.

Let's not forget my naisl too...


I bought them off eBay and honestly, theyre amazing and worked well with my outfit, which is always important, right? Also, I went to Taco Bell for dinner, had a meal for 2 all to myself.

And now it's time we talked about the con...

It was a small con, the first floor had stalls that were mostly independant artist, which is cool, I bought a few stickers, lol, and a small stage. We sat and watched a few performances and cheered/danced along with light sticks, which was pretty fun.


 These were taken while we waited for the first performance to start.

The 2nd floor had a Nintendo room, which has a few consoles set up as well as board games, so we played a few games of Smash Bro's and I lost at every time.

And the 3rd floor, is the the most important floor, because that's where Meian has set up their pop up cafe.

 

This was my first time going to a maid cafe and honestly, it was everything I had ever imagined. I ordered Set A from the menu which meant I got some cake, a drink and cheki with a maid of my choice. I even took part in a roulete game, where I won some stickers and ended up buying some bromides too.

I chose Maid Hana for all the things.


When the cake arrived we had to do a magic spell to make the food taste good and the maid serving us, Momo, asked what I wanted her to draw on my plate, my mind went blank, so I asked for a heart. Risa has been a few times to Meian events, so she knew a lot of the maids, which meant I got to talk to a lot of them too.

Then it came time for my cheki with Hana, I asked for her to kneel down and hold my hand, since she's a knight/crusader, I thought it was fitting.


Risa took this photo of it happening.

I had such a fun time and highly recommend you all go to a Meian even if you get a chance. It's such a good experience and the maids are so lovely. Honestly, hope to do it again soon!

Thank you so much to Meian for being so cute and to Risa for making it all possible.

That's all from me for now.

Thank you all for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment