Finally, a chance to ketchup!

 Hey guys!


How are you all? I hope you've been keeping safe during these strange and scary times.

Since I wasn't really doing much, I decided it was the best time to take a break from blogging and honestly, it was much needed. But now I'm back, I'm ready to give you a quick update on my life and what I have been upto during my break, starting with...

Hobbies:


When the friends I was playing Animal Crossing with went back to work it got a little lonely, so I kind of stopped playing as much as I did in April, but that did give me the time to do a bunch of things such as:

  • Drawing and painting
  • Cross Stitching
  • Dancing
  • Binge watching series

I also started learning Japanese again, which is still going well, I am confident enough to comment on idols insta posts now. I even managed to get a 126 day streak on DuoLingo.

Movie Marathon Saturday's:


I had a movie marathon, almost every Saturday in July through to Novemeber. I'd buy loads of snacks and watch 3-4 films in a row, sometimes more, depending on how I felt. I tried to have themed days like horror, anime/manga live action, sports and one day was just for the Crows Zero films.

Oh, I also had a day dedicated to watching Alice Nine lives.


Every time I had a marathon I'd post about it in my Instagram stories. Here's my insta, @toni_chopper, if you ever want to follow for movie recommendations.

Obsessions:

So, during my binge watching and movie marathons I came across a Japanese series called High & Low, it's basically about friendship, gangs and fighting, which is right up my street. It's safe to say that I am very much so obsessed with the series. I've watched it all 3 times since May and started it again with my partner recently.

But the obsession doesn't end there.

Because most of the cast for High & Low were members of LDH,so as well as introducing me to groups like Exile, J Soul Brothers and Doberman Infinity, it's always introduced to me to actors such as Keita Machida and Noboyuki Suzuki.

Overall, I'd say the biggest obsession from all of this, right now, is probably Sway.


I can't exactly pin point why, but he just is and even though I think his personality is very annoying, it's also quite charming.

Digital Art:

During the first lockdown in the UK, my partner and I got a new iPad and since I had been drawing a lot more, we got an Apple pencil with it. This helped me switch to digital art and has been one of the best things I've done in a while.

Here's the first piece I did in July and my most recent piece:

I'm not going to lie, I only really do fanart for the time being, but heck, even I can see massive improvements with each piece I do.

I upload all my work on @tonidoesart so maybe go check it out if you haven't already.

Sway even liked one of my pieces of fanart.


Anything Else:



So here's a few more things to happen during the past 8 months.
  • I had a Christmas temp job in December at The Entertainer again. It was so nice to go back, but due to reasons, mostly Covid, they couldn't keep me on.
  • I got the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 Remastered, which turns out, I suck more than I remembered.

  • My hair has obviously changed a lot, not just style or colour, but length too. Basically, it's very short now. I might do a full post about it later on.

  •  We renovated our bedroom and I now have a proper wardrobe with shoe and bag storage.

  • Oh yeah! We didn't do much for Halloween this year, but I did dress up, as a sausage roll!


And I believe that is all for now. I hope you've enjoyed reading this little catch up.

I'd love to hear what you've all been up to lately too.

Anyway guys, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh welcome back! LOVE THE NEW LOOK. ♥
    Your art looks so amazing~
    Also how are you learning Japanese? I'm trying to get back into it but it's so difficult lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much! 😍
      I’m currently using DuoLingo for Japanese, but also talking to some girls in the same fandom is helping a lot too.

      Delete