D.I.A Belt Modification.

Hey.


Today is going to be another "how to" post and it's all about altering a D.I.A belt.

But first, story time...


Okay so I've been wanting a D.I.A belt for sooooo long and I finally got my hands on one from a friend on FB who is leaving the gyaru comm. I was so excited for it to arrive, so much so that I had already thought up a few co-ords for it before it was even posted.

I was scared that it wasn't going to fit though, because I'm a UK 16 and it's made for the tiny women of Japan and when it arrived, I was surprised because I could fasten it, on the last hole, but it didn't sit the way I wanted it to.

As you can see here...


So I looked around online and found a tutorial on how to modify a similar belt (here) as well as talking to a few people about how they modified theirs, just to give myself more of an idea about how to do mine.

Now let's get into how I modified it and by "I" I mean my mum, lol, which also means, I didn't get the step by step photos from this...

What you need:

  • Your belt
  • Scissors
  • Elastic
  • Glue gun or needle
The last one depends on how you want to do it.

Step 1: Decided where to make the cut.



After looking at how a few people had cut theirs, my mum and I decided the best way to do this one would be right down the middle of the back piece because, as I put it "no one will be looking at my back enough to notice". So my mum carefully look out the studs and then cut into it.

Step 2: The gap.

Now the belt is cut you need to decided how big of a gap you want and how much elastic you need. We did this by fastening the belt and holding it up to where and how I'd like it to sit on me and then my mum measured the gap so we knew how much elastic to cut.

Step 3: Sticking it together.

 

Now for this step, most people glued the elastic to their belts, but my mum wanted to sew it on instead, so I let her. We used smaller pieces of elastic so it could kind of blend in with the style of the belt. It took her a while to sew it together, but I must admit, it looks a lot neater than it would have done if I glued it.

Step 4: Wear it with pride!


...And you're done!

So technically this isn't a step because we were done on step 3, but I felt like it needed to be said, lol.

I am really happy with how the belt turned out and I honestly can't wait to throw loads of co-ords together with this belt, here is an example of one of the co-ords I made before I even got the belt by the way...



The ripped jeans are the ones I made in a previous post, here, and this co-ords was the reason behind me ripping them in the first place, lol. I'm so glad it worked out too, because not all ideas look as good in person as they do in my mind.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post because I enjoyed making it.

Thanks for reading as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment